What is Crossfit?
CrossFit is a fitness program that combines weightlifting, running, and gymnastics. Fitness is defined as cardiovascular/respiratory endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, agility, balance, coordination, and accuracy. CrossFit will increase your work capacity across all of these fitness domains. Workouts are constantly varied over a broad range of exercises and performed at high intensity for short periods of time.
CrossFit iQ is a small community of great people who all value excellent fitness and love the support that they receive from one another. All egos are left at the door at iQ; we work as a team to create a friendly and fun environment where you are given the proper coaching and equipment to facilitate great fitness.
What to expect?
All classes are about an hour long consisting of a warm-up, technical skill building and a short high intensity workout. Every class is taught by a Certified CrossFit Trainer. We post every workout on the website so you will know what you’ll be doing each day.
What to bring?
Towel, gloves (if you need them), a drink and a kick-ass attitude ready to work. If you forget to bring a towel, we will provide you with one. If you forget to bring a drink, there will be cold beverages available for purchase.
What to wear?
Comfortable workout attire that give you free range of your entire body. Shoes that will allow you to jump, run, sprint, weight lift etc. If you have a CrossFit iQ t-shirt, wear it!
- Treat everyone with respect.
- Treat the facility and the equipment with respect.
- Be accountable for yourself, your actions, your workout, and your safety.
- Show up with a positive attitude.
- Maintain good personal hygiene.
- Come to class on time and be ready before the class starts.
- Clean up after yourself. We provide cleaning wipes and spray bottles if needed.
- Return all equipment to its original spot once you are done with your workout.
- Turn your cell phone on vibrate.
- Crush your WODs and have a great time!